Downloading Product Data

wallerbmxwallerbmx Member
in Help edited June 2014
Hi everyone,

I would like to download my product data from Foxycart so I can upload to another website I have. Can anybody suggest the correct way to download this information? I believe the best format would be CSV?

I have looked into this a little but have found people mentioning different ways of doing this. I would like to do this the correct way first time and avoid any mistakes.

If anybody would be so kind as to advise me on the best way of doing this I would be very grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my discussion.

Jack
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @wallerbmx,

Could you clarify exactly the type of data you're wanting to download? As FoxyCart doesn't manage your products for you, you can't download that type of information from your FC store - unless I'm misunderstanding what you're meaning there.
  • Thanks Adam for replying @fc_adam

I would like to download for example:

- Product price
    - Product description
    - Product name

I do not have SKUs attached to products and only need the above.

Thanks Jack
    @wallerbmx,

Is this just for products that are listed on your website? Or for products that have been purchased? If from your website, you'll need to work that out based on how you're managing your products on your website. As I mentioned, FoxyCart doesn't handle that, so we can't give you any specific advice on how to handle that. If from previous orders - you can download all previous orders using the transactions report in your stores FoxyCart administration, or you can utilise the API to loop through all orders and just pull out specific parts of the order information (more information on that here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/api)
  • Hi @fc_adam

Thanks for replying again. I would like to for example download the information from this product - http://wallerbmx.co.uk/products/g-sport-marmoset-complete-wheel/

These are products listed on my website that I have added using the Foxycart add product function. I may of misunderstood this as there does seem to be some confusion between us.

The information I would like from each would be what I listed above. I am wanting to transfer my products to another site.

If Foxycart does not handle these how would I go about downloading them?

Thanks in advance and I apologise for my beginner skills

@wallerbmx,

Ah ok - now we're on the same page. The confusion here is that you're not using FoxyCart to manage your products, but instead you're using the FoxyShop WordPress plugin that a member of our community has developed.

@sparkweb - would you be able to assist Jack here in regards to exporting product information from FoxyShop?
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @wallerbmx,

I have a simple little script I've put together for you: http://pastebin.com/TTDfS87Z - there are some instructions in the header of this script that explain how to use it. It can certainly be expanded - just needs a bit of work.
  • Hi @sparkweb,

Thanks for this. I understand how to create the file and add it to my theme folder and also how to create the page.

Before going ahead with this i'd like to understand how to information is going to be displayed to me? I was hoping for a CSV file that I could use to edit and later import.

Thanks again for your help
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    This will create a CSV file and download it to your computer. The file has four columns: name / price / code / description