Variable cart for subscription billing

sheepysheep60sheepysheep60 Member
in Help edited July 2014
I'm just working out if Foxycart is right for a new project I'm working on.

We've been asked to create a subscription based website for selling food. The idea is that you will have a box of ingredients delivered to your home every month. You will subscribe and pay monthly for this. It may be that you actually wish to set up a box with one or more extra ingredients. So my question:

Can foxycart allow users to login, amend and save a recurring subscription/cart?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sheepysheep60,

There are certainly ways you could do this - but there isn't a standard out-of-the-box approach. As FoxyCart doesn't manage your products for you, there wouldn't be a log in facility that we can provide that would allow the customer to alter their custom products, but you could certainly set something up.

One way you could approach it is providing a log in area for the customer, and allow them to make changes to the makeup of their custom box there. When they save a change, you'd make a call to our API to change the subscription template details to match their new settings, and alter the price if that is required at the same time. More details on the API at: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/api