The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Multiple languages and currencies

babblebibbabblebib Member
in Help edited July 2014
I have a site that will support multiple languages and currencies. How can I make that work well with a single Foxycart store?

The site renders English and uses GBP (£) on the *.co.uk domain name and renders German and uses euros for the currency on the *.de domain name. How can I make the foxycart checkout page show the appropriate language and currency?

I'm hoping that I do no not need 2 stores because I really do not want to have to pay for an extra store just for this feature. :)

PS: I only use the foxy cart checkout and receipt pages - I do not use the cart so that is not an issue

PPS: I'm happy to use whichever cart version gets me closest to what i want here
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @babblebib,

Currently we only support a single currency for a store, unfortunately there isn't any current work arounds for that. That said though, we have built out multi-currency support for an enterprise customer, and will be rolling that out to general release for more gateways in the near future. If you haven't already, you can add a vote for your gateway to the request: http://requests.foxycart.com/forums/4162-general-requests/suggestions/223883-support-for-multiple-currencies

Languages is possible using Twig - but is currently a work-around by way of a large twig object in your template that includes all of the language strings of the other language. If you email the helpdesk we can provide details on setting that up.
  • Hi, thanks.

It sounds like multiple stores might be easier to be honest because I'd need the template content (header, footer etc) in multiple languages too, not just the foxycart section.

Are you able to offer any discount of the second store until the multi currency solution you mentioned becomes available?

Thanks
    @babblebib,

Would you be able to email our helpdesk with the details of what you're looking to set up? We'd be happy to discuss the possibilities of a discount for subsequent stores there.
  • dariodario Member
    edited November 2014
    Hello

Are there any updates since July? I'd also need to display a different currency depending on some condition at global level (site domain or product category). So if the user is in the german site he will see euros, if he's in the swiss site he will see swiss francs.

Thanks
    @dario,

No update yet - but if you haven't already, definitely add a vote for the request I linked to above and comment any gateways you'd be looking to have support multi-currency
  • Hi Adam
    I added my vote for the request but meanwhile, since we're going live with our shop in few weeks, which way do you reccommend to support two currencies within one shop? If we need to upgrade to a enterprise account we'll do that but we would really need to configure the shop with braintree EUR+CHF.
    Thanks
    @dario,

Your best bet at this stage would be to set up two stores, one for each currency you'll be supporting - would that be a possibility for you?