Subscriptions without Past Due amounts

enmincenminc Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited July 2014
When the subscription system is used for recurring donations. It would be great to allow for a subscription that has no "Past due". Meaning that if the sub goes into failed or delinquent state that it does not compound the fee. Once the sub is updated/fixed/adjusted it just moves forward and bills the amount it is assigned to.

To have a donor receive a past due amount or go to their account and see that they have a Past Due amount is not very good. In the end it is a donation so if it is not made for whatever reason they should not be required or even asked to pay it.

I nominate "sub_nopastdue=true"
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @enminc,

Actually, you can set subscriptions to not charge the past due amounts globally for your store - simply check the checkbox for that option on the 'advanced' settings page of your store's FoxyCart administration.
  • enmincenminc Member
    Thanks I figured that out with the help of David over at order desk. This will work for now. However I can still see value in my request. On a site that takes "monthly recurring donations" (no past due) and the potential of a secondary membership for say "monthly membership' (has past due) the global solution would not work. This could be out of scope for FC but just a thought I had.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @enminc,

Thanks for the suggestion. If you wanted to add it to our requests board over at http://requests.foxycart.com/ we can track if other people would be interested in that kind of functionality as well.