Checkout / Receipt Caching Issues

RevConceptRevConcept Member
in Help edited August 2014
I have made some CSS changes to the checkout and receipt page templates. I cache the URL and update the template but the CSS is not getting updated.

I can open the template URL (copy/pasting from the remote template URL field) and the resulting page source shows the correct URL to the CSS and the correct CSS on the page.

Not sure what this isn't being output?

http://kpmaclane.com

CSS change is some extra padding for the header images.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @RevConcept,

Could you let us know what the exact style change you made is that isn't carrying over? That will help us track if it's being cached correctly or not.
  • Sure...

#fc_checkout_container {
    margin-top: 25px;
    padding: 125px 5px 50px;
    background: transparent url(https://kpmaclane.foxycart.com/cache.php?fcsid=f6ac8khblsrhc3fm9md5pbijn2&u…/kpmaclane.com/wp-content/themes/kp_maclane/images/checkout-header-new.png) no-repeat center top;
    }

Padding has changed to 180px on top.
    @RevConcept,

I just did a quick test cache of your stores checkout template, and it's caching the stylesheet just fine. I didn't save the cache though - so it hasn't updated your live site. Just to confirm after you press cache, are you also saving the template?
  • Yes, I had the same outcome. Says it updates, but it doesn't. If you go to the URL of the template you can see the correct CSS...if you cache and search the textarea after it claims to have updated, you'll see the CSS is not really changing.

Saving the template obviously has no effect since the CSS is the same.
  • Ok, nevermind...I just did it again and it worked. Not sure what could have caused this issue? I tried multiple times yesterday and the template never updated to the correct CSS in the preview textarea.

Odd??
    @RevConcept,

Yeah - I'm not sure what to tell you I'm sorry. When I cached your template the correct updated CSS was available within the textarea. If you run into this issue again, definitely let us know!