PayPal error

versatilversatil Member
in Help edited September 2014
We recently set up paypal as a payment method and get the following error:
Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10727 Shipping Address1 Empty) The field Shipping Address1 is required

I've sent an email as well. Is this a PayPal issue... or?

domain of our foxycart store is checkout.zoojaja.com.

Please advise.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @versatil,

You mentioned emailing in as well - I'm not seeing anything on our helpdesk from you lately. How did you submit that email?

In terms of the error you're describing, our PayPal integration does require an address be present, but you've hidden the address fields a part of the custom template configuration for 2.0. If you're wanting to include PayPal, you will need to include the address fields on your checkout at this point.

We're planning to integrate a different way with PayPal in the future which may change that, but for now you'll need the address fields present.
  • Is there a JavaScript event for the payment methods - eg when PayPal is selected or if defaulted to then reveal shipping address otherwise hide it. If so can you point me to it or make any suggestions? Thanks
  • added pre-populated hidden fields for shipping info, seems to work. (theyre generated and appended via javascript.)
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @versatil,

Awesome - glad you found a solution there!
  • I actually just encountered this same problem, which I believe is also the same as https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/7176/error-there-was-an-error-processing-your-payment-10727-shipping-address1-empty

Since the items I'm selling don't need to be shipped, my category and default category is set as "No Shipping." I then went into the Configurations page and set all shipping fields to hidden for the "Customize which checkout fields are shown and required" section.

At this point, if a customer adds an item to the cart and then tries to submit his order on the checkout page using PayPal, he gets the "10727 Shipping Address1 Empty" error no matter what the other settings are.

As far as I can tell, this happens both if the user uses the "PayPal Checkout" button on the cart first, and if he instead uses "Proceed to Checkout" and then chooses PayPal as the payment method.

It happens if "Save my address & payment info for next time" is either checked or unchecked as well.

NOTE: The checkout process also accepts Amazon Payments and Stripe, in case that changes things.

Any ideas?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @foxyice, could you whisper your store domain? At this point, PayPal requires an address, but I want to see what you have configured first. Thanks.
  • @brett, sorry... I had too many long nights coding. ;-) I forgot that I needed the billing address anyway for Stripe. I didn't realize I would need it for PayPal, though. That's good to know. I've turned back on the minimum address fields that I need, and it seems to work. Thank you.