Paypal API

MrPeachPuffMrPeachPuff Member
in Help edited September 2014
Hey, I'm trying to setup paypal integration with my store, but the guide you have posted is outdated. The API settings that paypal has posted is different from the instructions you have posted in your integration guide. My store is currently using foxycart version 1.1, does this version of foxycart support the current API that paypal has? If it does how do I integrate paypal with my store? Thank you in advance.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @MrPeachPuff,

We do support PayPal across all current versions - could you clarify which step exactly is outdated? We'll work to get that updated for you.
  • Hello Adam, thank you for the quick response. I've set up a sandbox account with paypal to test out the connection. I'm trying to follow your integration tutorial page (https://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/paypal/express_checkout), but the paypal interface page has changed. Here's an image of the new interface (http://oi60.tinypic.com/14wax78.jpg).
    @MrPeachPuff,

Just to confirm, are you trying to set up a sandbox environment to test with, or integrate FoxyCart into your PayPal account? If it's the latter, you won't need to be in PayPal's developer environment, but simply your normal PayPal account.
  • Hi Adam, thank you for another quick response. I have a paypal business account and a test account. It was recommended to me from your website that I should test out the payments with paypal before going live. It then linked me to the integrate page (because I am using subscriptions). When testing out the integration, it works for one time purchases, but breaks for subscriptions. This is why I was wondering if I set up the paypal account correctly.
    @MrPeachPuff,

Ah - awesome, thanks for clarifying that.

Yes - PayPal's developer side of things has changed, and I've just updated our documentation for Express Checkout with a 5th step under testing. Take a look at that and see if that gets the subscriptions working for you while testing.
  • Thank you very much Adam. Sorry for the late response, I've been a bit busy. I'll get back to you if I have any problems setting up the integration now.