Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

FoxyShop Inventory

ethanmillerethanmiller Member
in Help edited September 2014
The FoxyShop website lists an inventory feature for FoxyShop. However, I can't for the life of me locate this in the plugin's dashboard pages. Is it possible that it is somehow hidden? Where is inventory managed in the plugin?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ethanmiller,

I would assume this would be at a product level - @sparkweb who wrote the plugin will be able to answer for sure though.
  • @sparkweb, any insight? i've managed to activate an inventory tab in the settings but am unclear how it's supposed to be used. foxyshop seems like a powerful tool, but the documentation is extremely sparse. it's a bit frustrating. it's at that point where i'm wondering whether i might have saved more time just writing out my own framework, because the logic of this framework is so hard to understand. i don't mean this as a jab, just a statement that the documentation could really use some filling out. or perhaps i've missed something? anwyay, here's the inventory tab that i've managed to activate.

jxaII12l.png
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Hi Ethan, I'd definitely recommend that you email me directly for FoxyShop support as you'd be able to get a hold of me a lot quicker than the forum here. I sometimes miss these posts and I want to get back to you as quickly.

As far as inventory goes, you'll setup the inventory counts on the product pages themselves. Look in the lower right of the page and you'll set the sku and the inventory in stock. Once that has been set, you'll see the inventory numbers on the page above and it will be easy to update them.

Hope that makes sense. Sorry again for the delay - hit me up directly for quick support. Thanks!
  • @sparkweb, thanks for the response. i will do that in the future where things are urgent. that said, i like asking these questions publicly so that others can benefit from the path i've tread. thanks for writing this plugin. it really saves some time! i think what you said makes sense, and when i get back to setting up the inventory in a couple of days, i'll verify :)