Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Required to use Sidecart functionality w/ FoxyCart 2.0 in FoxyShop?

ethanmillerethanmiller Member
in Help edited September 2014
Are we required to use the sidecart functionality with FoxyShop when using FoxyCart 2.0?
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I'll let @sparkweb speak to FoxyShop things specifically, but we're adding some functionality soon to allow bypassing the sidecart entirely.

Do you want to use it sometimes but not others, or do you just want to not use it ever?
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    FoxyShop 4.5 supports FoxyCart 2.0 and sidecart. If you don't want to use Sidecart, I'd probably recommend skipping the FoxyCart includes completely by putting a * in the "exclude from these pages" box in the FoxyShop settings. If you do need the FoxyCart JS for doing fancy things with the cart (basically making your own cart) you would need to work with the FC event model as documented in the wiki.

But if you just want a full-page cart, then just exclude the FC includes in the FoxyShop admin and you are all set.
  • Okay this discussion is merging with one in another post that I made so I'm i'm link it here.

Let's say I want the checkout procedure to happen in a lightbox popup that I can style to fit in with my site design. Is this possible? Would I do this by 1) disabling the FoxyCart includes as you specified above, 2) setting up a template for the FoxyCart checkout page somewhere, and 3) loading that page in a lightbox? Possible?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ethanmiller,

Just a quick note to add to this discussion - we actually don't generally recommend displaying the checkout form within a modal window as you leave the customer no way to visually confirm that the checkout page is actually correctly secured.
  • @fc_adam, thanks for the tip. i.e. the user would normally visually confirm that the link is secure by seeing the https in the address bar?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ethanmiller,

Yeah that's right. There has been a general education of users to check the URL when entering anything secure online, and making use of a modal for that step does remove that possibility.
  • Got it. Makes sense. Thanks.