Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

FoxyShop prevent default variation

ethanmillerethanmiller Member
in Help edited October 2014
The foxyshop documentation (http://www.foxy-shop.com/documentation/product-variations/) describes how to set a default variation:
If you want to set a certain variation be the default, put it first or put a * in the name. The star will be removed before displaying and it will be the default selected option.

But is there a way to prevent any variation from being the default? If this isn't built in to the UI, is there a way to do it programatically?

(@sparkweb, probably a question for you...)

Tagged:
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @ethanmiller, I don't quite understand the question. If something isn't default, it just isn't. What are you trying to achieve?
  • when i loaded a product in our product window, the first variation was being automatically selected. i wanted there to be no initial selection on the variations, when the product loads. i ended up doing it by making my own version of the variation functions in foxyshop. just anted to know if i had to take that step...
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    What people do a lot of times is to make the first option something like "- - Select Option - -" and then check the "required" box. This will invalidate the first option and not let them check out if it's selected. I'm not sure about unselecting a select box. Maybe you could use some jQuery to do it after page load.
  • I ended up just copying out your helper function into my own and removing the code that automatically selected the first one. A bit of a hack, but it'll do for now...