Checkout Issue

nickffnickff Member
in Help edited October 2014
Hi all,

We recently tried updating a site (http://cricketradiovermont.com) to get google analytics Ecom tracking to work, but now the entire checkout process isn't working..even after reverting code back. Super odd. You can see this on the checkout page by adding a product here - http://cricketradiovermont.com/vermont-products/indochine-paradise-linen-napkins/ (you'll see the issues once you get to the checkout page and enter an email - no love).

We're using Wordpres + Foxyshop and the first thing we noticed was that jquery wasn't included at all on the checkout page...really odd since it was working up to this point. We fixed that manually in the cached template (header.php changes weren't working), but now we're seeing the checkout json data is in a <noscript> tag which seems to be generating the current JavaScript error on the checkout page.

If anyone has any thoughts on what might be happening here it would be much appreciated!!
Tagged:
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We'll take a look, thanks Nick.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    edited October 2014
    Hi Nick, I emailed you about this but I wanted to share what I found here so for posterity's sake. :)

There was a plugin being inserted in the wp_head(); function that was doing this:
    <noscript>
    <link rel="stylesheet" ......></noscript>

The problem was that the automagic cache was dumping the </noscript> because it was at the end of the line. So I added another line break before </noscript> and re-cached and that took care of the problem.

It's important to remember that your own jquery and the FoxyCart includes should not be included in the checkout template. I also took Modernizer.js out of the checkout header too since it breaks the automagic cache.
  • Thanks SO MUCH David! So grateful for your help.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Thanks @sparkweb!