The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Empty Sidecart upon v2.0 upgrade

stkstk Member
in Help edited October 2014
So, we've upgraded our (not yet ready for prime time) store to v2.0.

I've added the loader.js just above the closing body tag, removed the old js call in the head section. (We are loading jQuery - v1.10.1.min & jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min in the head section ... so I assume the loader "sees" this).

We have a previous mini-cart & (multiple) products fields set on the sample page.

The mini-cart seems to be functioning correctly (and reports correct # of cart contents), but the side-cart, after loading, is persistently "empty". (DIV is created, but there's nothing in it).

Just for grins, I tossed in the "sample code" verbatim, but it yields the same results.

You can see the behaviour on the page here: http://goo.gl/bMDgJQ

FWIW ... Firebug shows that everything (js, css, etc) is loading fine.

Please advise and TIA.

OH ... by right-clicking the mini-cart & opening in a new tab or window, a correct cart shows. (Got to be something with the JS not working?)
Tagged:
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We'll take a look and let you know what we find.
  • stkstk Member
    Thanks, @Luke
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @stk, I think it's the jQuery UI file (jquery.ui.all.min.js). Comment that out and sidecart works. Now to figure out _why_, and fix it on our end :)
    We'll update again once we have that figured out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    @stk, quick question: What version of jQuery UI are you using? $.ui.version doesn't exist, so I think it's pre-1.6?
  • stkstk Member
    @Brett ... Don't recall calling that file, but I will try to comment it out and see what happens. Thanks for the input. (Why I signed up for beta, but was bad timing b/c of things going on at this end). Cheers and thanks for all your support and effort!
  • stkstk Member
    "We are loading jQuery - v1.10.1.min & jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min in the head section" <--??
  • stkstk Member
    I had a quick look at the code and "<script type="text/javascript" src="/plugins/am_helper_plugin/jquery.ui.all.min.js"></script>" comes from my mate's mod of the CMS (unfortunately, he passed ... so I'm stuck with what's left) and as a coder, I pale in comparison to him (you'd be lucky to have him on your team).

Not sure the path forward, nor do I understand completely the role of the helper plugin. It may be superfluous, or needed, for some of the other things we have running.
    "We are loading jQuery - v1.10.1.min & jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min in the head section" <--??
    Those aren't the problem. Those are just fine.

The problem file is in the /plugins/am_helper_plugin/jquery.ui.all.min.js. I'm not sure what that am_helper_plugin is doing, but it looks like you're listed as an author of it, so hopefully you know :)

I assumed it was jQuery UI, but I've just run through a bunch of versions of the Google Hosted jQuery UI file (https://developers.google.com/speed/libraries/devguide#jquery-ui) and there's no problem with any of those versions, so it's not actually jQuery UI (or rather, not any standard jQuery UI).

Is there anything in that that's customized beyond normal jQuery UI? I just unminified it but it's a giant file and nothing's jumping out to me.
    edited October 2014
    Oops, I posted that last response without refreshing and seeing yours first.

So sorry to hear about your mate's passing :(

I'd try replacing that with a different version of jQuery UI from the Google hosted libraries and see what breaks. Since there's no $.ui.version, maybe try 1.5.3 for now.

We might be able to figure out what's actually causing the problem, but the quickest way forward would be to at least try replacing that and seeing if there are any problems. Want to give that a go?
  • stkstk Member
    Well, as you suggested, I commented out jquery.ui.all.min.js and the sidecart appears to be functioning correctly. (Of course, I'm concerned about what functionality we'll lose there) ... but happy to identify the conflict.
    Live chat would have been better for this discussion. We don't usually get responses so quickly :)
  • stkstk Member
    LOL ... We're cross posting each other.

Yeah, my mate (whom I've never met) was a good friend living in the UK. He has some mad coding skills, which I'm too illiterate to convey.

I will try to update the UI version to what you suggest. (Tho listed as an author, I can guarantee that it's just my mate, being kind to me) I've no idea what the AM helper js does (may be built for the future)., nor what replacing the UI JS file might break (or not).

• stkstk Member
    Yes @ live chat. I tend to be online at odd hours. I know you're a traveling kind of guy. I'm not that much different.

For now, I just hope we can get this sorted for my client.
    Let us know if you run into any issues after you replace the jQuery UI version you've got with the Google hosted version. We might be able to at least point you in the right direction.
  • stkstk Member
    OKAY ... looking into it now.
  • stkstk Member
    (downloaded jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.js )
  • stkstk Member
    FWIW - I've replaced the b2evo (custom plugin) jquery.ui.all.min.js with jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.js

and

the sidecart loads fine.

(not sure what, if anything, this replacement messes up).

(Obviously, would prefer a fix that works with the original file, but I also recognize that "the world moves on")
  • stkstk Member
    Thanks @Brett for your help!

Cheers,
    -stk