Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Bundle Product Price not updating in FoxyShop

ethanmillerethanmiller Member
in Help edited October 2014
I setup a bundled product in FoxyShop. The bundled product initially had its price set to $10, but then I changed its price to $0. When I add the product to which it is bundled to the cart, however, the price has not updated. It is still $10. Why might this not be updating?

UPDATE:

The problem here is that what I had actually done is created a second product on purpose, and made that second product free. I then hid that product from the list view in FoxyShop so that it wouldn't be generally visible to customers, and linked it to the existing downloadable on the FoxyCart backend.

What I didn't notice is that FoxyShop automatically changed the product code on the new free version to be the same as the one for the old version -- because, it seems, the product code of the item in FoxyShop and the product code of the downloadable on the FoxyCart backend must be the same.

So...there's a secondary problem here. The point here is to create a bundle, where the bundled product is free in the bundle, but not when purchased alone. I guess the easiest version would be to create a second downloadable for the free product. A bit of a hack?

@sparkweb, any thoughts?
Tagged:
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Yeah, that's probably the best idea. FoxyCart uses product codes to match the downloadables so the code and price must match the product available for download at FoxyCart.