The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Strange 2.0 cart behavior in Safari

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited October 2014
Hi Guys. I'm going to whisper you a link to a screencast I made, which shows some strange cart behavior in Safari, on one of my client's sites.

Here's what's happening in the screencast:

* Page is loaded
* Item is added to cart
* Cart slides in, then disappears suddenly, without being dismissed by user
* Page is refreshed
* Cart appears for a split second on its own, unprompted, then disappears again without being dismissed
* Page is refreshed, and everything is back to normal

This sequence can be repeated every time I add something to the cart. No errors are coming up in the console. I don't have another 2.0 site to compare it to (that I can think of), but this happens on both the live and dev site.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jlivingston,

That's a weird one! Could you try removing any other JS on the page apart from jQuery and loader.js and see if the issue still persists? I can only see this issue on your site - so my first guess would be some sort of javascript conflict, although I'm seeing no errors in the console.
  • Just wanted to chime in as we're seeing this exact behavior in Firefox with one of our sites. Was previously working well, while doing updates today noticed the issue. I submitted a support request, and then jumped over here to see if it's widespread.

Willing to test a solution if you guys need.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @colwebdev, the Firefox issue is known and we've got a fix going out today. The fix also radically improves the performance of the animation on everything but Firefox on OS X for some reason. (Nice and smooth on Firefox Windows though.)

@jlivingston, I'll take a look at yours.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @jlivingston, can you try replacing the current CSS and JS references with the new loader.js style? That seems to fix it for me. (Check the sample code section in the admin for the right code to include.)
  • Thanks @brett. I'll plug the new code in later today.
  • That does appear to have fixed the issue @brett. Thanks a ton!