The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Updating CC Info for someone who's been using PayPal

in Help edited October 2014
A customer of mine called in a few days ago and wanted me to update her card information on file for a subscription she had.

I've activated the Master Password function, but when I opened up her subscription I was given an error message stating that it's not possible to update someone who has paid with PayPal.

Is there a way to update her card info w/out calling her back?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JonathanBechtel,

If they've paid with PayPal Express - that's something you'll need to update on PayPal's side. WIth PayPal Express, the customer payment information and subscription is managed by PayPal rather than through FoxyCart.
  • Adam,

Where exactly do you update the info through PayPal express?

And if the point is to enter new CC information, I would still have to do that through PayPal, even though she doesn't want to use it anymore?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JonathanBechtel,

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with how you would do that - or if that's even an option with PayPal explicitly. Your best bet would be to reach out to PayPal or look through their documentation to see if that's a possibility. Sorry I couldn't be more help.