The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Foxycart Launch Question

stkstk Member
in Help edited November 2014
Hello,

We've just taken the plunge & launched our store using foxycart.

Before we make our first e-commerce web-page live, I have one quick question. It seems that when one lands on the foxy-cart product-enabled page for the first time, that it auto-tragically opens up the sidecart (with 0 contents).

This is a tad disorienting and requires the first-time visitor to actually "continue shopping" in order to browse.

Is there some quick way to disable this "feature" and only open the sidecart IF and WHEN a customer hits either the minicart (top of page) or a "buy now" button?

TIA

Cheers,
-stk

PS - the test page can be found here: https://nicolpawn.ca/pawn.php/cart-test-spirit-bead-page
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @stk,

Congratulations on getting ready to launch! That's great.

I've just taken a look at your test page - and Sidecart isn't loading straight away when it loads for me. Are you experiencing this in a particular browser?
  • @fc_adam,

Not that I've seen, though it may have been Firefox, as I typically develop and work on live-CSS editing in that browser (kudos to Chris Pedrick!)

It happened a couple of times to me (sidecart loaded with zero products in the cart & a zero balance) ... but I've not fully tested (i.e., cleared cache and checked in a variety of browsers).

Odd ... well, I guess for now, I'll put it down to a gremlin and reply on this thread with more specifics IF the problem persists.

Thanks for responding!