Unknown gateway error

We keep getting the following error during checkout on our development site:
Error: There was an unknown gateway error. Due to the nature of this error, you may want to contact us to ensure your card wasn't already charged and/or to process your order manually.

Nothing has changed in our account setup, so I am not sure what is going on here. Any ideas? The store url is oau.foxycart.com.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jingari,

I've just taken a quick look at the logs for your store, and while we're sending the test transactions off to your selected gateway, we're failing to receive any response from them - which is why you're seeing the error you are.

The gateway's test servers may be temporarily offline, or they may be experiencing an issue. If you continue to have problems there, perhaps try reaching out to your gateway to see if they have any further information for you.

In the meantime, you could switch to a different test gateway and use the default credentials so you can continue testing.
  • Ok, thanks for the info and quick response!
  • Hello - I've been in touch with Litle (now Vantiv) and they have had some issues with their test servers. They're looking to know what URL is being hit and what IP is being used so that they can narrow down which environment is having the problem. Is that info I can get for them?

Thanks,
    Jessica
    @jingari,

From our tests it looks like everything is back online now - are you still experiencing connection issues?
  • It does seem to be working now. Thanks!
  • Just want to mention that this happened again today. I have switched to test on a different gateway again, so it isn't urgent, but is there is a way for the FoxyCart team to pass on the IP and URL info to Litle/Vantiv so it can be resolved on their end? Thanks!
    @jingari,

I'll ask one of our gateway developers to reach out to them. Is there someone in particular you were in contact with that we can reach out to to continue that conversation? If so - could you whisper me their name and contact details?