The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

2.0 add text to shipping section of checkout

dustystringsdustystrings Member
in Help edited November 2014
This might be a silly question, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a custom message to the checkout template. I would like it to appear under the shipping heading, not where the other custom fields show up. Is that possible? I am using the default responsive template with a couple of my own custom fields added through the configuration interface.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dustystrings,

So you'll need to work with the Twig template to add in your custom code there - and it's essentially just adding in HTML as you require it.

If you take the following code (which is a collapsed version of the current checkout template), you can add in your required message within the shipping method section: http://pastie.org/private/ko2ef3xgnti3u8iri2s7ag

To use it as your checkout template, select the "custom template" option for the checkout template, and replace the contents of the pastie above (with your changes) for the "{{ block('checkout') }} line in the template within the text area.

Saving that should display the exact same checkout template, but with your content within the shipping method area.
  • Thanks, that's just what I needed!