2.0 add text to shipping section of checkout

dustystringsdustystrings Member
in Help edited November 2014
This might be a silly question, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a custom message to the checkout template. I would like it to appear under the shipping heading, not where the other custom fields show up. Is that possible? I am using the default responsive template with a couple of my own custom fields added through the configuration interface.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dustystrings,

So you'll need to work with the Twig template to add in your custom code there - and it's essentially just adding in HTML as you require it.

If you take the following code (which is a collapsed version of the current checkout template), you can add in your required message within the shipping method section: http://pastie.org/private/ko2ef3xgnti3u8iri2s7ag

To use it as your checkout template, select the "custom template" option for the checkout template, and replace the contents of the pastie above (with your changes) for the "{{ block('checkout') }} line in the template within the text area.

Saving that should display the exact same checkout template, but with your content within the shipping method area.
  • Thanks, that's just what I needed!