javascript conflict with loader.js

dustystringsdustystrings Member
in Help edited November 2014
When I include the loader.js script in my header, it breaks some other javascript functionality. I'm not very familiar with debugging js, so I'm hoping someone can help me!

I have this page: http://manufacturing.dustystrings.com/harps/models/ravenna-26/

When I don't load the Foxycart script, I can switch between the tabs at the top, use the image slider, and open the "Laminated Finland Birch" link in a fancybox popup. When the Foxycart script is included, none of those things work. I would be very grateful for any helpful ideas!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dustystrings,

So what you're running into there is a jQuery version issue. The jQuery you're including on your page is version 1.7.2, where as FoxyCart's javascript requires at least version 1.8.X - although we recommend running 1.11.1

If a lower version of jQuery is detected, FoxyCart loads our javascript file with jQuery version 1.11.1, so that everything will work as intended. That does mean that the existing jQuery version, and any scripts that were initialised with it, are removed.

Try including a newer version of jQuery in your page template, and see if everything works then. You may experience some issues with some of your scripts not being compatible with the newer version, which will mean you'll need to also source updated versions of those scripts.
  • Ah, I was afraid of that. We're using the Concrete5 CMS, which is stuck at jQuery 1.7.2. Enough things on the site break if I try to run 1.8 that I'll probably just disable the sidecart until Concrete5 catches up.

Thank you for sleuthing that for me!
  • When I include the loader.js script in my header, it disable Image Zoom and Gallery in side view not working .

Below is the test page, after loading loader.js the cart and Zoomin option does not work, as per above
    we have upgraded to 1.11 and 1.8 and above still no change Issue persists.

https://clickhere2shop.com/productbk.php
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @clickhere2shop -

Looks like the issue was resolved by moving the script out of the header?