paypal payflow pro transaction reports

I did setup foxycart ecommerce live store with Paypal’s Payflow Pro gateway and did some transactions and noticed that I don't see any data in Comment1, Comment2 columns in Paypal payflow reports.

I would like to have a configurable option for Comment1 & Comment2 in "Payment" section where I can configure "Store name" in my Comment1 .

Then when I run reports in Payflow Pro I can see "Store name" in Comment1 with each transaction which will help my finance department to filter transactions based on store name.

Is this possible to have these options (Comment1, Comment2 ) in UI and then eventually passed to payflow pro with every transaction.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @Phani, we'll take a look at adding this. Is Payflow Pro a common gateway used by the users of your system? Just wondering how much use this would see across your system. Also, we'd probably only add this to 2.0+, but I've got a separate email for you about that.
  • PhaniPhani Member
    edited December 2014
    Brett, Thank you for your reply.
    Currently we setup a live store(ers) which uses "Payflow Pro" gateway.
    I guess some other stores may definitely use "Payflow Pro" when they go live but not sure because that is Publisher's decision i.e. to whom we are hosting the site for.
    As you know, right now we are using store version: 1.1 and we need this option for 1.1 if possible.
    But if you can't make changes to UI that is fine but at the server api level can you please push the Store name or Store remote domain into "comment 1" by default , so that no UI changes are required in 1.1

Thanks @Phani.
    We'll take a look.
    Hi @Phani.
    We've added some settings to Payflow Pro in v1.1+ that allow you to configure those two fields on a per-store basis. It's not in production yet, but give it a look next week.

• Thank you very much Brett
    I am eagerly waiting to test these comments options(comment1, comment2) in paypal reports.
    Definitely I will check it next week.
  • Hi @Brett,

I saw Comment1, Comment 2 options in Payment UI (store 1.1).

So I configured both of them in UI, as UI is not allowing me to leave one of these fields as blank. ( I think these fields should be optional)

configured one of the test site (erspubs.*) and made a test transaction.

Then I ran report with Paypal api using "foxycartdev" credentials and I could see comment1, comment2 fields in the report. So it is working..

Really appreciate your efforts here.

Thank you very much for your quick and wonderful support for the customers like us.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Phani,

Awesome - thanks for letting us know it's all working! And thanks for your suggestion for the fields, I'll create a ticket on our side to look into making those fields optional.
  • conceptsconcepts Member
    edited December 2014
    Before rolling out changes such as this - one should fully consider the ramifications.

By making those comments fields compulsory - without any notice / documentation on the Foxy site ( when the Payflow documentation clearly states they should be optional ) - you prevented us from updating our Payflow details as Foxy kept saying comments1/comments 2 were compulstory ( which was not the case a few weeks ago ).

I only but happened to come across this thread to work out why ...
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @concepts,

I'm very sorry about that. The intention was not for those fields to be compulsory, but unfortunately it slipped through in our testing.

We have a ticket to update these on our side as quickly as we can, but for now you should be able to simply fill it with a space or a period to pass the validations.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @concepts: I'm sorry this caused a problem. We have a fix we're testing now and we'll let you know as soon as we roll it out to our production servers.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @concepts so... uh... yeah. Kind of embarrassing, but we added comment functionality back in December but forgot to follow up on this thread. We've since improved our notification process for customer requested features and bug fixes. Please let us know if you have any questions about the changes here.