Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Domestic shipping only

jrwhipjrwhip Member
in Help edited December 2014
So a little complaint here. I really hate your documentation. I know I have seen others complain about it too. It's just a suggestion, but I think it would be really good for business if you took some time and completely rewrote your documentation.

My Question: I need to set my cart to do domestic shipping only. Do I have to do that with a javascript snippet as it's described here:
https://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/restricting_countries_and_states_on_the_checkout

Or is there simply a setting I can change?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip,

We definitely hear you - and next on my list is in fact a complete rewrite of our documentation. It's been a long time coming but we're making it a priority moving forward.

In terms of domestic only shipping - it depends what version you're on. If you're on 2.0 - there is a configuration setting in the administration to restrict to only certain countries. If you're on 1.1 or older, you'll need to use a javascript snippet.
  • I am using 2.0 but I can't seem to find the setting you are talking about. Can you tell me where it is?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip,

Certainly, in your FoxyCart administration, navigate to the "Configuration" page, under "Cart" there is an option for "whitelist/blacklist filtering of countries and regions".
  • Thank You. That was easy.