Coupon Bug

PecanPecan Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 2014
Found a bug with coupon entry.

In the sidecart and checkout pages, add a coupon then remove it instantly. When I try to re-add the same coupon it won't allow me. The field is pre-populated which is good but nothing happens when 'Apply' is clicked. If I close and re-open the sidecart it makes no difference. The only way to re-apply the coupon code is to proceed from the sidecart to the checkout page and re-enter it there.

Tested in IE and Firefox.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Pecan,

Could you whisper us your store and the coupon code you're testing so we can replicate this issue? I just tested on my test store and wasn't able to replicate it myself.
    @Pecan,

Thanks for whispering that. It appears to be a bug that's introduced by the custom flat rates snippet - rather than a bug with the FoxyCart core. I'll look into it and get back to you as soon as I can with a solution for that.
  • Ah, could that be the same problem with the PayPal button focus issue I posted in another thread?
    @Pecan,

I'm able to replicate that on your store too - so that could well be related. I'll dig in.
  • @fc_adam,

I've also noticed that in Safari on IOS when I pinch to zoom when the sidecart is open, the two top buttons 'Keep Shopping' and 'Proceed to checkout' slide off the page to the right. If you zoom in enough they disappear completely. Making them return can only be done by zooming back out again.

Can you replicate this issue? And is it only on my store or on others too?

P.S. I'm in the process of upgrading my store to 2.0 after putting it on hold for a short while so I'm sniffing for bugs whilst customising a few things, hence the unusually high amount of posts by me lately. Sorry to pile on the work. :)
    @Pecan,

No worries at all - sorry for the delay in responding. I'm still looking into the earlier issue with the coupons and hope to have something for you there soon.

In terms of the iOS issue - it shouldn't actually be loading Sidecart on a mobile device if the page itself isn't responsive. So the pinch-to-zoom issue you're seeing is because Sidecart isn't built to allow pinch-to-zoom interactions, as it assumes the page doesn't need zooming. I'll create a ticket on our side to look into that.
  • @fc_adam,

Thanks for that. What's the best way to swap between sidecart and full cart page so that I can customise the full cart page too?

I've got sidecart how I want it apart from the bugs, but if a full cart page will substitute the sidecart on mobile devices then I will need to make sure everything is in order with the full page.

Thanks for your help.
    @Pecan,

You can type the cart URL directly into your browser (like https://yourstore.foxycart.com/cart), or you can switch the cart display option in your store's configuration page in the admin under "Customise your cart type" to skip Sidecart.
  • @fc_adam,

Did you manage to look into the issue where the sidecart was loading on my non-responsive site when browsing with a mobile?
    edited December 2014
    @Pecan,

Not yet - it is an active ticket that we're looking into, unfortunately nothing to report yet though.