The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

"Cancel and Continue Shopping" button href

hotmeteorhotmeteor Member
in Help edited November 2007
Hey guys, another question.

I've changed the location of my site to not be localhost anymore (now it's online) but my Cancel and Continue Shopping button is not changing. It's staying on localhost, even though everything else is online.

Anyway to "reset" that link? Is this making sense?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Try clearing your cookies. It's stored in the session, so if you clear those out it should go away for good. If it doesn't, let us know.
  • Sweet, that worked. Thanks.
  • How does foxycart determine where the "cancel and continue shopping" link points?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    The first time the cart is loaded we store the referrer and then send the user back to that location.
  • Is there any way to use the last time the cart was loaded (instead of the first time)?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We played around with this on one of the previous versions and ran into some issues where the referrer could actually become foxycart's domain which would really mess things up. What you're suggesting makes sense though, so we can revisit and see what's possible. If we checked the referrer each time, and verify that it is not the foxycart domain, that might work.
  • I'd like to put in my vote for that solution as referring back to the "first in" page is creating some confusion, now that I'm adding more pages with product links on them...
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We were actually discussing this a couple days ago and were thinking about a new cart option that might take care of this where you could specify where that item was located (so the cart could have links for the items) and the value for the most recently added item could be the cancel link. We'll keep you posted via the changelog once we get a solution. Thanks for voicing your ideas. That's what makes FoxyCart great.