Problem Pre-populating Both Billing and Shipping Fields in 2.0

ayjayayjay Member
in Help edited December 2014
I have a gift order form where I ask customers to input both their info and the gift recipient's info, and after submitting the form, it skips the cart and goes directly to checkout. In sites using version 1.1 of FoxyCart, the checkout page would pre-populate both sets of data correctly: the billing details from the gift sender's info and the shipping details from the gift recipient's info. I then use JS to automatically check the "Use a different shipping address" checkbox to display the shipping fields and hide that control on the checkout page.

In sites using version 2.0 of FoxyCart, I'm finding that the shipping info is populated into both the shipping and the billing fields. If I check the "Use a different billing address" checkbox, the billing fields are populated with the shipping info, which would be expected behavior, except that I'm providing different billing info. I notice the shift from shipping being the primary field set and billing being the auxiliary field set from 1.1 to 2.0, but I would still expect the shipping and billing fields to be pre-populated independently of each other if both sets of data are provided.

I did account for the change in billing field names from 1.1 to 2.0: "customer_first_name" is now "billing_first_name", "customer_state" to "billing_region", etc.

Is this a bug?

(I can provide example URLs in whisper, upon request.)
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ayjay,

If you could send us through a link to replicate, that would be great!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ayjay,

Thanks for whispering those links. It does appear that we have a bug with prepopulating the billing address if the shipping address is specified as well.

I'm going to create a ticket on our side to look into that as soon as possible.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @ayjay
    How big a priority is this for you to get resolved? We've ticketed it up, but I want to make sure we give it the attention it needs.
  • Here's my situation: there are two websites sites I need to launch—each related to new products that began arriving in customers' homes 12/5 or 12/12. We are currently waiting on our payment processor to review the sites, but that should be done this week. After that, the sites will go live. I will have to disable the gift pages if the order forms are not functioning when the sites go live.
    The sooner this is fixed, the better—as you can imagine this is an important time for giving gifts.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @ayjay. We have a fix for this we're currently testing which will involve passing in use_different_addresses=1 along with the checkout form fields. Once we get this fully tested, we'll roll it out to production and let you know. Hopefully that can happen sometime next week.
  • Very well—thanks for the efforts!
  • Any update on this fix and its release? We're very anxious to allow our customers to purchase gifts this holiday season. -Thanks!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    So sorry for the delay. We had a release we planned for today which included this fix, but we ended up holding off on it due to concerns about making any changes this close to the holiday season. That said, the change needed for this is small and has been tested, so we may be able to push just that one change out. We'll keep you posted.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @ayjay: okay, we just pushed up the one change related to this issue, so you should be good to go. If you include use_different_addresses=1 when setting the fields you would like to pre-populate, it should now work as expected. Please let us know if you have any questions or run into any problems.
  • ayjayayjay Member
    edited December 2014
    Applied the fix to our gift order forms last Friday, and it's been working well so far. Thanks for the quick turnaround!