Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Company and Item is not being passed to my payment gateway

hhk225hhk225 Member
in Help edited December 2014
I'm not sure if it's a problem with Foxycart or my payment gateway, but the Company field and the Items purchased is not being passed to my gateway. They show up in my email receipts but not in my payment processors logs. Can you help?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @hhk225,

Depending on the gateway integration - that will determine what values are sent to the gateway. We don't pass the products purchased to the gateway in every instance for example as some don't allow for that kind of detail that we need, or when the gateway was developed initially, we didn't add that functionality for some reason.

Looking at your store's gateway - they do support both the company and the store items - but for some reason we haven't added support for that information. I'm going to create a ticket on our side for our gateway team to look into adding support for that as soon as possible.
  • Thanks. Company field especially be useful since we find it easier to export from the payment gateway into a CSV file for import into Fedex.
    @hhk225,

We have a fix for the company value which we'll be pushing out soon after testing. We're using an approach which doesn't support adding items, but we'll look into what's involved with updating to allow for that.

How important is including the items in the information sent to the gateway as well?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    After looking into item support, it's something we'll have to look at for a future version. It's not a change we can introduce to existing stores without introducing risk since the order total in the new scenario is validated based on the line item totals which could potentially cause problems.
    @hhk225,

Just a quick followup, the company details are now being passed through to the gateway with transactions. Thanks for your patience.