Foxycart 2.0 jQuery slide-out issues on sidecart on Mac OS Yosemite FF 34.0.2

flinx777flinx777 Member
in Help edited January 2015
We're noticing an issue with the jQuery slideout on certain browsers.

EDIT: Youtube video link showing the exact problem removed [1/3/15]

The problem is that the page overlay doesn't fully extend on some browsers when initiating the sidecart. We can replicate it on FF 34.0.2 on Mac OS Yosemite. The client is reporting this on Windows Chrome (Mac Chrome seems fine). I did test on browserstack on Windows 7 on Chrome 39 and it loads just fine:

http://files.smashstack.com/189ik/5FrAFC7v

Is there any known fixes or solutions you guys have for this issue? Has the issue been reported by others?

Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777,

That is an interesting issue indeed! I'm able to replicate this using your test page - but if I switch out the add to cart and loader.js to be for my own 2.0 test store - this issue doesn't present itself - the overlay is full size. As soon as I switch back though, it starts doing it again.

I've tried applying your same configuration settings to my test store, but I haven't been able to replicate it just yet. I'm going to ask some other team members to take a look and we'll be back in touch as soon as possible.
  • winstonwinston FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777

So I've done a bit of testing and it appears the issue is CSS cascading/transitioning and how browsers are handling it. When the cart is hidden, the [data-fc-ui-block] element is position:fixed, but when it's visible, it's position:absolute. Apparently different browsers are working with this differently.

I need to talk to another dev about what the best fix on our end is, but for your purposes, see if adding the following CSS should fix the issue:
    [data-fc-ui-block],
    [data-fc-ui-block].cart-visible {
      position: absolute !important;
    }

Hopefully we'll have a bigger fix rolled out soon, I can follow up when that is the case, but the guy who did a lot of the styling related to sidecart is out this week and I want to confirm the fix with him prior to release!
  • @winston thanks for the feedback. i'll relay this information to the client. thanks!