Allowing multiples of a certain quantity only

dustystringsdustystrings Member
in Help edited December 2014
I have a product I would like to sell in multiples of 500 only. I've got a form set up so the customer chooses from a drop-down list of quantities, but when they get to the cart or checkout screen, they can change the quantity to be anything. Is there a way to restrict that?

I found the drop-down list answer here: https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/6438/ordering-only-in-multiples-of-a-certain-qty/p1 but it's clearly for an older version of Foxycart, so maybe it's not that simple anymore. I'm using 2.0.
Comments
  • I've decided to just make the product "a box of 500" for now, instead of individuals. It would fit in better with the rest of the site if there was a way to sell them as individuals and to restrict quantities to multiples of something, but it's at least workable for now.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dustystrings,

It's certainly possible to display a select dropdown on the cart instead of the text input field there by default. You'd need to edit your "cart include" template to alter what sort of field is output there. The difficulty would come if you need to allow for both open quantities and restricted quantities, as you'd need to decide when to show each one. If it's only the restricted type though, then you could just make the change and you'll be good to go. You may also need to apply some styes to allow for the different field there.
  • Ah, yes, that makes sense. Probably more work than it's worth, since out of many products, there's only the one that we want to sell in multiples. Thanks for the response though!