The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Taxable Coupon

dariodario Member
in Help edited January 2015
Hello

I created a coupon and I set the checkbox to in order to apply taxes before this coupon's discount is applied. However there's no discount on VAT the amount is the one there would be with no coupon used. Is there a way to apply VAT to the discounted price of products?
Thanks

Tagged:
Comments
  • Hi @dario,

when you create a coupon, there is a checkbox "taxable". if you leave this unchecked, discount will be applied before tax is calculated.

You can read more about coupon settings from here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/coupons_and_discounts
  • dariodario Member
    edited January 2015
    @adeel

The checkbox is actually checked but the coupon is not applied to tax (VAT).
  • AdeelAdeel Member
    edited January 2015
    @dario

I have just created coupon and applied it to product with Tax as i described before, it's working fine for me.

I am not sure... maybe @fc_adam could help you.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dario,

Looking at your store - it seems to be functioning as expected.

The discount from the coupon is applying to the product - but the tax is being calculated before that discount is applied.

As an example, for a $20 product - your 99% discount renders the total of the cart to $0.20 (20-19.80). The tax (19%) is still calculated as $3.80 though based on the subtotal before discount.