BrainTree with 2 different merchant accounts

dariodario Member
in Help edited January 2015
Hello

We are integrating Braintree into Foxycart with the two different currencies EUR and CHF, for which we also have two merchant account IDs. The problem is that Braintree assigns these 2 different merchant account the same merchant ID so although we have 2 different stores configured on FoxyCart the braintree settings for them (merchant ID, public key, private key) are the same and we have no way to detect the right currencies for the transactions: what is missing is a 4th parameter, merchant account id.
We already asked Braintree team if it is possible to have 2 different merchant ID but they say that is not possible, so we are wondering if FoxyCart somehow supports this double merchant account configuration or not...

Thanks in advance

Dario
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dario,

A quick look over Braintree's integration documentation, I don't see any way to specify a merchant account ID.

Does Braintree perhaps dictate what merchant account ID to use based on the currency that the payment comes in as? For example, if a given transaction is set to CHF as the currency, then that merchant account is used as opposed to the EUR merchant account. If that is the case - then the currency you set for your store's locale will dictate the currency your customers are charged in.
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    Hi @dario,

The Braintree merchant account ID support was added in the version 1.1.
    What version does your store use?
  • @fc_adam yes reading the doc (which is not so rich) it is not possible, we asked the team to create a second merchant account id for CHF. I don't know if Braintree supports these feature, I will ask them but they created for us a second merchant account id just to handle 2 different currencies.

@evg We are using FC 2.0.

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dario - ah actually, we've just realised that we do indeed support the merchant account ID - but for some reason that was just added to 1.1 and not to 2.0. We'll work to get the 2.0 integration updated as well and you'll then be able to specify your merchant account ID on your store.
  • Thanks @fc_adam

Do you have an idea on when this is going to be available (more or less) ?

• lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @dario. We just pushed out a fix for 2.0 so this should be available now. Please let us know if you have any questions.
  • Thanks @luke, I updated the settings and everything's working fine.