Checkout Region field

dariodario Member
in Help edited January 2015
Hello
For some reason I can't understand, one of my stores requires the user to specify the region in the shipping information while another one does not. I noticed that in the first case the function FC.util.isAddressRegionRequired('AT') returns true while in the second case FC.util.isAddressRegionRequired('DE') return false.
I would like to the region field to be not required (I'll hide it with some custom css)...how can I do that?
Thanks
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dario,

The requirement of the region field is dynamically based on the country - is there a country where the region is being required where it shouldn't be? If so we can update our locations object to reflect that.
  • @fc_adam Austria does not require it
    @dario,

Ok great - thanks for confirming. I've created a ticket to update our locations object to reflect that.

Until we get that fixed, you can apply a small snippet to your checkout to update it on your store:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    FC.client.on("ready.done", function() {
    	FC.json.config.locations.AT.r.req = false;
    	FC.Template(FC.json.context).clearOutput();
    	FC[FC.json.context].render();
    });
    </script>

If you include that code in the "header" text area for the "insert custom code in header/footer" option on your stores configuration page.
    @dario,

Quick update - we've rolled out a change for this, so you can remove this custom code if you'd prefer. The states for Austria are now marked as not required.