The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Checkout Region field

dariodario Member
in Help edited January 2015
Hello
For some reason I can't understand, one of my stores requires the user to specify the region in the shipping information while another one does not. I noticed that in the first case the function FC.util.isAddressRegionRequired('AT') returns true while in the second case FC.util.isAddressRegionRequired('DE') return false.
I would like to the region field to be not required (I'll hide it with some custom css)...how can I do that?
Thanks
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dario,

The requirement of the region field is dynamically based on the country - is there a country where the region is being required where it shouldn't be? If so we can update our locations object to reflect that.
  • @fc_adam Austria does not require it
    @dario,

Ok great - thanks for confirming. I've created a ticket to update our locations object to reflect that.

Until we get that fixed, you can apply a small snippet to your checkout to update it on your store:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    FC.client.on("ready.done", function() {
    	FC.json.config.locations.AT.r.req = false;
    	FC.Template(FC.json.context).clearOutput();
    	FC[FC.json.context].render();
    });
    </script>

If you include that code in the "header" text area for the "insert custom code in header/footer" option on your stores configuration page.
    @dario,

Quick update - we've rolled out a change for this, so you can remove this custom code if you'd prefer. The states for Austria are now marked as not required.