The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Language config: Receipt -> message order field length

dariodario Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2015
Hello
Would it be possible to have the field longer in order to write more text in the receipt page without having to change the template?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dario,

You can do it without editing the raw template itself, you will need to apply some custom styles in order to change the lengths of fields.
  • @fc_adam
    actually what happens is that the text I type in the admin page is cut and not saved entirely...so it's not a matter of css/display I guess but some DB/config field length.
    @dario,

Ah - thanks for clarifying. Is it a custom text area you're finding is being cut off, or one of the standard fields?
  • @fc_adam

The field I'm talking about is under language -> receipt -> message order
    @dario,

Ah I'm sorry - I neglected to read the subject for the thread, and so was completely missing your question. I'm going to ask one of our developers to jump in and respond here. Sorry for the back and forth to get here!
    @dario,

A quick update - we've talked this through amongst the team and we'll be updating it soon to allow a much larger text length for language customisations. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Unfortunately, this fell through the cracks... but is now completed.