Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Unclear subscription amount charged

I have an order that is failing the datafeed. I am trying to understand wht it's doing. It's a subscription with a past due amount. The order says something like:

Product total: 49.40
Past due amount: 44.46
--------------------------------
Subtotal: $93.86
Future Subscriptions: -$49.40
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Future Subscriptions Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Order Total: $44.46

What is happening here? I guess some previous order did not go through before? Then why is it not the same amount as this month? and why is the total for the amount past due and not for the product total?

My support staff says they tried to refeed the order and claims it redirected them to a page to enter a valid zip (it appears that the transaction failed for that reason somewhere - unclear - the error log must have 5-6 entries for this person) and it then reprocessed the order. I am not sure what they say or what happened.

Can someone give me details please

Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @happycloud,

Could you whisper me your store name and transaction ID please? I believe I may know what's going on - but I want to look at the transaction to confirm.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @happycloud, {in response to whisper}

Thanks for sharing that information.

So the key to researching this one is to view the subscription that this transaction came from. It looks like there was a postal code error that prevented the subscription from renewing when it should, noted on that subscription entry. This meant that the subscription had a past due amount.

As your support staff noted - they attempted to retry the subscription, which loaded in the past due amount to be captured, and allowed them to update the postal code to be correct. When paying a past due amount outside of a normal renewal amount, the subscription isn't actually due at that point, so that's taken away as a future cost. That's why you're seeing the transaction just have the past due amount and not the subscription amount.

As for why the past due amount is less than the subtotal - this is because the subscription actually has a coupon applied to it to take off that $4.94.

I hope that helps!
  • Thanks Adam - helps a lot!