The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Can i downgrade a new store to 1.1?

Hi,

I'm running a site that uses 5 foxy stores to support multiple currency and languages.

My 5th store (my Spanish one, babblekidses.foxycart.com) is a new store and i only have the choice of making it version v2.0. However all my other stores are old ones and are all on v1.1.

Can i downgrade my Spanish one to 1.1 too so that i can keep a consistent approach to my templates, javascript, IPN etc? Not least because I'm using custom shipping and my 1.1 code does not seem to work on 2.0 (Error: Unable to set property 'customShipping' of undefined or null reference).

I cannot do this via the admin UI, can you do this for me?

I will bring them all up to 2.0 at some point but I want to do it in a structured, planned way - not being forced to before I'm ready.

Regards
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @babblebib,

Certainly, I'll do that now.
  • Thanks - I've checked now whilst I can see that the version is now 1.1, I'm getting this error when trying to access the checkout page:

"Lo sentimos, la tienda que usted Solicito no se encuentra o no ha sido configurada con una plantilla de compra y opcion de categoría de producto. Por favor regresa mas tarde."

which roughly translates to:

"Sorry, the store you request is not found or is not configured with a workforce of purchase and product category option. Please come back later."

You can replicate this yourself by going to https://babblekidses.foxycart.com/cart?empty=true&cart=checkout&0:name=Red Polka Dot&0:price=4.50&0:code=REDPOLKADOT-BT-BB&0:quantity=1

I have re-cached all the templates and checked all the other settings look right
    @babblebib,

Looking at the store - you're missing the cart and email templates. If you set those up you should be good to go.
  • We are getting there! :)

I now get my custom template, but the main checkout section is missing. instead I see ^^checkout^^ .

I've re-cached all templates.
    @babblebib,

There was perhaps a caching issue present there - I just re-saved your checkout and it's loading fine now. You'll want to double-check your cart templates, they look like 2.0 based templates.
  • yes i think there was a browser cache issue because i was still seeing v2.0 UI in the admin screens. I just cleared my browser cache and re-cached the templates and all is good, seems to be working as expected now.

Thanks for your help.
  • Hi, I've added a 'dev' store to test some new features on, can you also downgrade that to 1.1? The store URL is 'babblekidsdev'
    @babblebib - done!