"Pay with Amazon" button using Amazon Payments

I noticed that there is a "Pay with Amazon" button in the side cart when I set up the "Amazon FPS" option as a valid payment type in the admin section. Since "Amazon FPS" is deprecated, I am using the new "Amazon Payments" payment option instead, but I don't see a similar button for that payment type.

Is it possible to have a similar button for Amazon Payments... maybe a "Pay with Amazon" or "Checkout with Amazon" button on the side cart, so that the user can login with Amazon first before seeing the checkout page?

Thank you!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @foxyice,

With the new Amazon Payments gateway, there isn't actually an option to login from the cart - as the customer never actually has to leave the cart and checkout flow to do so. The customer logs in directly from the FoxyCart checkout and their Amazon information is loaded in for them.

That said though, you could customise your "cart include" template in your store's FoxyCart administration - and add in a second button that says "Pay with Amazon" - that would just simply send the customer through to the checkout as the normal cart "proceed to checkout" button does.
  • Thank you.
  • newcakesnewcakes Member
    edited February 2015
    I followed the fc admin's suggestions and I could make Amazon button on cart page successfully, but the checkout page is extremely confusing with Amazon button below email and Paypal payment is permanently selected. (see screenshot). Amazon and Paypal are selected as my payment method.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong...

@newcakes,

With how the new Amazon integration works - you actually sign-in with Amazon at the start of the checkout rather than selecting it at the end of the checkout within the payment methods.

Once the user logs in the their Amazon account at the top, the rest of the checkout will be updated based on that - including importing their saved shipping addresses from Amazon and replacing the address area, and replacing the payment options area with their saved payment methods from Amazon.

So if a user logs in with their Amazon account, they won't see PayPal down the bottom, but just their saved amazon account details. If a user doesn't want to pay with Amazon though, the only other option they have for your checkout is to then pay by PayPal.

I hope that helps clarify things!
  • newcakesnewcakes Member
    edited February 2015
    Good morning Adam, thank you very much for clarifying!

What I still worry about is the customer will probably be somewhat confused with this checkout flow in my store, where the only payment methods are Paypal and Amazon.

1. The customer goes to the cart page, and he choose either Paypal or Amazon Payment button.

2a. If the customer choose Paypal, he will see Paypal Payment page (Good), but when he goes back to the Checkout page, he will see Amazon button below email again (No good).

2b If the customer choose Amazon, in the check out page, he will see Paypal already selected as his selected payment method (I believe this is very confusing..).

Is there any ways to improve user experience in my case?
    If I could move the Amazon button to the cart page (like old FPS button), everything will be fine.

Best,
    @newcakes,

That's some great points. I'll create a ticket on our side to look at making the flow clearer.

In terms of improving things now - it's not possible to implement the amazon button on the cart to enable login - but as I mentioned above it is possible to add an amazon button that simply redirects the customer to the cart.

One thing you could do is customise the checkout template to hide the amazon button if the person is already authorized through PayPal. That might help clear up some possible confusion?
  • Hi Adam, thank you for your concern.
    @foxyice, @newcakes: An update for this thread - we've just added in a "Checkout with Amazon" button on the cart which will send user to the checkout and automatically display the Amazon login prompt. Thanks for your suggestions.