Can I create an e-gift certificate product?

On our old system we had "e-gift certificates". You could purchase them for any amount...say 102 dollars. Upon purchase the gift certificate would be email to you (or as a gift to another). The gift certificate could then be printed out from the email. It had a customizable template an id that could be cross-checked against against the internal orders. So the front desk would know that order #12323 was REALLY for 102 dollars and not 50 dollars.

Does a similar functionality exist with Foxycart?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @smithaa02! Unfortunately it doesn't yet, but it's definitely something on our roadmap.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're after… 

We do have users who sell gift certificates for their retail locations, but these are just normal products, as far as FoxyCart is concerned. You could then create / fulfill the gift certs however you'd like after that point. Does that make sense?
  • Sorry to dig up an old thread but my clients are hounding me for gift certificates usable on the site.

Any timeline for implementation?

Thanks!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited March 2015
    @BamSockPow,

Unfortunately not - still something we're planning to add, but it's behind a couple other more important tasks we're currently tackling.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @BamSockPow, fwiw, gift certs is behind shipping, but they're both pretty much the absolute highest on our list of "things our users REALLY need us to do." We don't have a timeframe yet, but it's absolutely on our radar.
  • @fc_adam and @brett - any idea if you are talking months or years to implement gift certificates? It is a must have for my shop. Thanks!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @flavner19,

We unfortunately don't have a firm timeframe we can provide - but we definitely aren't looking at years.