The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

backface-visibility on responsive side cart - issues in Chrome

Hi,

I'm using background-attachment: fixed on my site. There is a long time known bug with Chrome that when using backface-visibility (on any element on the page) causes problems with the re-drawing of the backgrounds.

I've found that the problem code is on line 5249

[data-fc-sidecart], [data-fc-sidecart] #fc-cart, [data-fc-sidecart] .fc-sidecart-only-fixed, [data-fc-with-sidecart], [data-fc-store-page], [data-fc-ui-block] {
-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
backface-visibility: hidden;
}

I've tried changing it to visible!important in my own CSS but it doesn't seem to make a difference unless it's completely removed.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited March 2015
    @sarah3585,

Sorry to hear you're running into issues here. I'll create a ticket for us to look into this on our side to get it fixed in the long term.

In terms of applying it yourself, I just tested this on my own test store and it worked for me. Could you try adding this to your website?
    <style>
    [data-fc-sidecart], [data-fc-sidecart] #fc-cart, [data-fc-sidecart] .fc-sidecart-only-fixed, [data-fc-with-sidecart], [data-fc-store-page], [data-fc-ui-block] {
    -webkit-backface-visibility: visible !important;
    backface-visibility: visible !important;
    }
    </style>
  • Thanks, I had tried that but I was adding it the Foxycart CSS (within Admin) rather than the website.

Many thanks.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sarah3585,

A quick update to let you know that we've rolled out a change to production which fixes the root issue here. You can remove the custom code we suggested to you if you like - but leaving it present also won't cause any issues either.