The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

which url executes first in foxycart?

sivasiva Member
i gave receipt continue url and enabled datafeed url...upon successful transaction which url executes first...please clarify...depend on this i need to write logic for a certian thing in my project..
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @siva,

The receipt continue URL is the URL that is set in the "Continue" link displayed to the customer on the web receipt. They will only hit that URL if they chose to click that link. They could navigate away from the receipt by entering a new URL or closing the tab, so they may not even hit that URL.

The datafeed is sent immediately after each successful transaction completes - separate to the user being sent to the receipt. It essentially happens at the same time - but they're separate actions, so both happen independently of the other right after a successful transaction completes.

If you need to perform some actions after a customer completes a successful transaction on your side, the datafeed would be your best way to do that.

Could you clarify what you're looking to do in terms of logic? We can confirm that that the datafeed is the best way to do it.