The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

tax setup - can I use one setup for multiple regions?

Hi there,

When setting up sales taxes, can I list multiple regions for one tax? Or do I need to set up separate taxes for each province? For example, if the tax rate is the same, can I set up one PST tax and list New Brunswick and Ontario?

If multiple provinces can be listed in the Region field, how are they listed? Separated by commas? by semi-colons?

Being able to list several regions would be very helpful for Canada. The GST technically should only be shown for provinces and territories that don't have a Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) so although GST is a national sales tax, I'm having to create 8 versions of it for the 5 provinces and 3 territories that don't have HST.

I've searched in the forum and looked in the documentation but can't find this. I'm using FC 1.1

Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Sparky,

Good question - unfortunately not, you'll need to create a unique tax rate for each different province.
  • Thanks Adam - good to know.

Maybe you can clarify that in the documentation. Also, I learned that the Region name has to match the address codes. So a tax rate for "Newfoundland" doesn't work but one for "Newfoundland and Labrador" does. =)