how to get country and state name?

sivasiva Member
how to get country name and state name in foxycart. in xml datafeed i am getting IN (for India) and 40 (for state ). but i want full country name and state name. please suggest some help.
thank you
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @siva.

https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/transaction_xml_datafeed#country_codes
    That's probably what you're after :)

For the state value… I'm not sure about that, off hand. Whisper me a transaction ID and we can take a look.
  • sivasiva Member
    The link you specified above didn't help me. what i want is ....i need to get full country name and state name....i am getting short codes instead i need full country name and state name...example Country : INDIA and State : Delhi etc...
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @siva,

The link Brett provided there links on to the code standards we use for the country codes. What he was referring to there was using the standard country code you can get the corresponding name based on that.

In terms of the transaction where you're seeing "40" for the state - could you please let us know the store and the transaction that was for so we could take a look?
  • sivasiva Member
    thank you @fc_adam for your reply...

i have found a way for the above mentioned problem.
  • sivasiva Member
    I am Getting Country codes For all countries it is working fine but my client is asking State code also.
    I am getting state code for US Country only.
    Please give me solution for this
    Thanks in Advance
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @siva, can you clarify what you're getting currently, and what you'd like to see instead?