The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

is there any way to remove password filed when filling cc information in foxycart?

sivasiva Member
i need to remove password filed for credit card...when filling credit card information for billing...is there any way to do that...and i want to disable quantity filed in the cart...presently i am using "quantity_max" in the link...but i need to disable it...
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @siva.
    Passwords can be configured in the "template -> configuration" page in your admin, if you're on v2.0. (It's the "Customize the checkout user type (account vs. guest)" section.) You can set a few options for guest checkouts. Note that if you're selling a subscription, the password is required.

To disable the quantity field, you'd need to modify the cart include template (or do something with javascript, also a possibility). If you modify the cart include, it'd be a Twig conditional like this:
    {% if item.quantity_min == item.quantity_max %}readonly{% endif %}
    Or whatever you'd like. Put that on the .fc-cart__item__quantity__input section. That's one option, at least. You could modify things however you'd like.
  • sivasiva Member
    thank you brett for your reply...

i will try the above solution and will get back if i face any problems.
  • sivasiva Member
    where should i place the {% if item.quantity_min == item.quantity_max %}readonly{% endif %} in cart include template. i have placed it in template...but i am able modify the quantity field which i don't want.

Thanks.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @siva,

So you'll need to place it within the quantity input fields that are in the cart include template. You'll look for text that looks like this:
    <input class="fc_cart_item_quantity fc_text fc_text_short" type="text" id="quantity{{ item.item_number }}" name="quantity{{ item.item_number }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" />
    and insert the code that Brett provided within there like this:
    <input class="fc_cart_item_quantity fc_text fc_text_short" type="text" id="quantity{{ item.item_number }}" name="quantity{{ item.item_number }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" {% if item.quantity_min == item.quantity_max %}readonly{% endif %} />
    If you then add a product that has a quantity_min and quantity_max that matches each other (so if you just wanted to have the one product present you would set both to 1), that should then make the input readonly.
  • sivasiva Member
    Thank you @fc_adam....it worked like a charm.