The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Updating payment method from one gateway to another (e.g. credit card to paypal)

Hello,

I was just reading this in the 2.0 changelog:

> PayPal is now hidden as a payment option if the order total is 0

Is this why, when doing a "cart=updateinfo" cart, the customer cannot change to PayPal as a method of payment?
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Good question. It's actually probably because prior to very very recently, it wouldn't have made sense at all, as there was the concept of a "saved PayPal payment method." Now that we have the reference transaction support, however, that could make sense, but it'd still be a little awkward.

I take it you're wanting to allow customers to update their subscription payment method? If that's the case, the sub_token would probably be the better approach, though tbh I don't think we've tested changing sub payments to/from PayPal or Amazon at this point. I'm about to do some testing on PayPal and Amazon subs, so I'll keep you posted.