Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

How to Order Shipping Options?

hhk225hhk225 Member
When using live rates modification snippet for 2.0, my custom rates automatically get added to the bottom of the list after the live rates. How does the cart know to sort the options? Can I modify the order?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Sounds like a question for @fc_adam. We'll get back to you soon.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @hhk225,

By default, the live rates will be ordered by least expensive to most expensive. With the live rates snippet though, any new items will be appended to the end and if you modify any of the pre-existing rates to be more expensive then they'll stay in their original positioning.

You could modify the order of the array of rates which will change how they're displayed to the customer. Were you wanting to make it least expensive to most expensive? Or perhaps some other ordering?
  • Yes, I want to order them from least expensive to most expensive.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @hhk225,

Try out the latest version of the live rates snippet - I've just updated it to re-order by price before displaying to the customer: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/live_rate_shipping_modification
  • Thanks. Works great.