One-page Donation Form?

I want to create a one-page donation form for our mobile site. In other words, I want to be able to set the amount and take the customer's payment information all in one page. The Foxycart flow, however, is geared toward selecting a donation amount, then going to the checkout page. How can I make this a one-step process?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Aleric,

Good question. The FoxyCart checkout does require a product be present in the cart before the custom can reach the checkout. If the customer hits the checkout without any product in their cart, they will see a message to let them know that and that they need to return to your site.

One way you could approach it would be to have your links to the checkout add a donation product add the same time. You could set the product up priced at $1, and then on the checkout the customer could alter the quantity field to change how much they donate. It would mean that the customer would only be allowed to donate in whole numbers - but it could be one way to set it up. You may also need to alter some of the layout to make it make sense - as it may be confusing to donors to see a quantity of 150 for a $150 donation.