Defaulting to full cart page

I'm not sure how long this has been happening but my store is now defaulting to the full cart page instead of the side cart.

The only thing I can think of that has broken this is the fact that I have recently been accepted into the Google Certified Shops programme.

Any ideas?

www.epicbleedsolutions.com
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Pecan,

Did you get this working on your side? I just tested your site and it loaded Sidecart just fine.
  • PecanPecan Member
    @fc_adam,

Hmm.. strange. Doesn't work in IE for me, but it does work in Chrome and Firefox. Perhaps it's my end.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Pecan.
    Let us know if you need more digging. What version of IE? (It doesn't support older versions.) Maybe an IE-specific js error or something?
  • PecanPecan Member
    It's version 11. It is still defaulting to the full cart page on IE, for me anyway. Could you guys confirm whether it is the same for you?

I've recently added the code for Google Certified Shops, Adam helped me with that. Do you think it could be something in there causing this problem in IE?

Please let me know if you can replicate this in IE too, it's fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks.
    @Pecan,

Thanks for confirming. We've been able to replicate that, and it looks like it may indeed be a bug in how Internet Explorer handles a specific CSS selector in javascript. I've created a ticket to look into that as soon as we're able.
  • PecanPecan Member
    Ahh great. It's not just me then. That's good to know. Will you post back here with a solution once it's been sorted, otherwise I may miss it?

Thanks
    @Pecan,

Definitely!
  • Hey guys, it's been a good while since I posted about this sidecart problem in IE. Well it's still happening and I was wondering if you could find the time to come up with a fix for it?

I'm not sure if it's just my store or everyone's? I'm guessing just me..
    @Pecan,

Thanks for bumping this thread. Unfortunately as you noticed this issue hasn't been fixed yet - it looks like it may have been missed. I'll bump the bug report on our side so we can get that fixed as soon as we can.

This is indeed a wider Internet Explorer issue, and not something that is just affecting your store. Sorry for the delay in working on a fix for this issue.
  • Thanks for your help Adam. I have another query too, I will make another thread though..
  • @fc_adam,

Are you guys still working on a fix for this? I thought I'd check my site just now to see if it works and it appears that it's still broken. I'd really like to see this fixed if possible. It's been 12 months! hah.
    @Pecan,

I'm really sorry - this hasn't been fixed yet. It looks like the ticket was unfortunately left unassigned and noone picked it up to own it. I've self-assigned it and will look into it this week.
    @Pecan,

We're still digging into this - but could you try switching out the text based positioning to be percentages instead? So instead of center top it would be 50% 0%. That should get it working for IE11 now I believe. I'm really sorry I didn't pick that up as a viable workaround when you originally reported this.
  • @fc_adam

Where can I find the code that needs changing. Is it in the Cart template?
    @Pecan,

Sorry, I should have clarified that - that is from your own styling for your website, the background style on the body tag.
  • Wow, that fixed it. I can't believe it was something that simple. Thanks Adam.