How can i remove tax pincode in proceed to checkout page?

sivasiva Member
in Help edited April 2015
i need to remove pincode field under calculate taxes in proceed to checkout page.
is there any way to do this.
thanks.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @siva,

We don't currently have any inbuilt way to hide that field completely, but you could use CSS to hide it.
  • sivasiva Member
    can you please provide me the css code or twig code to hide that tax pincode filed?

Thnaks.
    @siva,

If you add something like this to your website's CSS, it should hide it in the sidecart:
    <style type="text/css">#fc .fc-sidebar--cart .fc-address-entry {
    display:none;
    }</style>
    Note that in some instances, such as if you had PayPal enabled for your store, the cart will require the customer enter their address information in the sidebar before letting the customer proceed to PayPal from the cart. Ensure you test out the cart in your instance to ensure hiding the address collection area doesn't impact customers like that.
  • sivasiva Member
    edited April 2015
    hi @fc_adam ,

i tried the above code to hide tax pincode in sidecart but it did not work. i need to hide it...can you please suggest me other way to hide it..like modification in cart template.
    @siva,

Could you let me know where you were pasting that code, and perhaps link us to the page you're including it on? That exact code works for me to hide the address entry when included on my website where Sidecart is included.
  • sivasiva Member
    i have pasted the code in my web pages script section that is code here in the same page i have redirect link to foxycart when click on button.
    @siva,

Could you please link me to that page so I can see it in action? You can whisper it to me if you'd prefer to keep it private by checking the "whisper" checkbox and entering my username in the text box that appears.
  • sivasiva Member
    hi @fc_adam,

thanks for your reply. i have found another way to achieve the task. i simply passed the cart=checkout parameter in the foxycart link so it skips the proceed to check out step and directly redirects to confirm order page.

and another thing i want to implement is pre-populate cart fields like first name,last name,email id etc....i have tried passing all the fileds in cart but cart accepted only email id only.
    @siva,

Ok great, I'm glad that will work for you.

Could you confirm how you're passing the values to the cart for prepopulation? If you haven't seen it yet, we have documentation on that here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/cheat_sheet#customer_information_pre-population