Reporting Improvements

rthrashrthrash Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited November 2007
All those test transactions during development for subscriptions, sure do make it foofy to look at reports and figure out what's going on. We should get the same live/testing option, as well as the ability to choose to archive/hide certain transations.

And errors should be a filter as well for all transaction I suppose (a pair of checks: include successful / include errors).
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Ryan. The admin does have a "hide checked transactions" which will hide all the transactions you check. That sounds like what you're describing... unless I'm missing something. The errors page also lets you "acknowledge errors & hide them" so they don't show up any more.

Please help me if I'm just missing what you're asking for.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Also, if you want us to go into the back-end and remove some old test transactions, just hit me up via email and let me know what trans id's you want to dump.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I think he's talking specifically about subscriptions. We could definitely add some filtering there.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Ah... thanks Brett.

I'm kinda slow sometimes. I gotcha now.
  • Definitely subscriptions. Forecasting future revenues and subscription cancellations might be worth looking at for some folks. :)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    It's good that you mention reporting and forecasting because we've talked about this a bit internally. We were going to put in a lot of the same things you see on other "one-stop-shop" systems like this month's revenue, percentages up or down, etc... The more we thought about it, the more we realized each company does things a little differently. We then started leaning towards integrating with other systems (like quickbooks) using the datafeeds or the export files.

Most likely, the best solution is somewhere in the middle. There's some basic reporting we should definitely provide, but we're probably also going to have to learn how to say "no" and encourage businesses to manage their data using business management software (which we're not).

Thanks for your feedback and for helping us to get there.
  • I totally agree with staying focused and using the right tool for the right job ... but you gotta be able to get the data to it in the first place!