live shipping alaska and hawaii, flat rate rest of US

Is there a way to have live shipping rates for Alaska and Hawaii and then flat rate shipping for the rest of the US? I've setup the flat rate shipping based on category, but need help with the Alaska/Hawaii exception.

Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @ahsodesigns.
    You'd likely want to use this: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/live_rate_shipping_modification
    If you need help customizing things, let us know :)
  • Hey @Brett -
    Looking through that page, it's not clear to me how I would actually use that to only implement a live shipping rate for AK and HI while continuing to use flat rate shipping for everything else. Our store is also using multiship and it looks like that snippet only works with single ship stores.

Any ideas?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ahsodesigns,

The general idea is that you have a conditional statement in the custom shipping logic that says if it's not Alaska or Hawaii, hide all of the returned live rates and add some custom flat rates instead.

As you mentioned though, that snippet isn't currently configured for multiship based stores. I've done some work in updating it to support it though - if you could email our helpdesk I'd be happy to share that with you.