Sales Tax Rates

Hi,

For many web orders from CA, WA, and TX, the sales tax rates charged in the cart are not matching the current published rates. It seems like the service you use either hasn't been updated to match current rates or they are not drilling down to the exact rate for each jurisdiction.

Please let me know if this can be corrected in the near future.

It is wreaking havoc with our accounting team which has to go in and adjust each order to match what was charged by the cart.

Thanks!
Karen
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @kmadler, can you give us details? We apply updates monthly, and though we have seen (two) confirmed cases where the rates were off, the vast majority of the time we get reports of the taxes being wrong, it's actually the accountants that are wrong. (Not saying that's the case here, but that's what we typically see.)

If you could whisper your store name, and the transaction IDs and expected rates (with any documentation confirming the rates), that'd be super helpful. We'll take a quick look and alert our provider immediately.

Thanks!
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @kmadler.
    I think perhaps that page you linked to (in the whisper) isn't accurate. The .gov site is here:
    http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo/local/city.html
    That shows the 8.25% tax rate for Baytown. One thing that's probably worth noting, however, is that the city select box on the checkout shows 5 different city names, some of which have different taxes.

It's possible our tax database is wrong in this case, but based on what I'm seeing from the TX .gov site, it looks accurate. Thoughts?