Image not showing up in cart.

I have some items I am adding to the cart with links not through a form. But the image is not showing up.
This is the markup rendered in the cart:
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited May 2015
    @jrwhip,

The remote image is loading - but our cacher doesn't appear to like it. I'd recommend clearing your image cache - you can do that from the menu item of the same name in your store's administration.
  • jrwhipjrwhip Member
    I cleared the image cache and that didn't solve the problem. Any other thoughts?
    @jrwhip,

Thanks for giving that a try. Just to confirm - you don't have any special redirects or server-rules for displaying images do you?
  • jrwhipjrwhip Member
    Not that I know of. The images that seem to be a problem are being served off of an imgix CDN. Would there be any reason why that would cause a problem?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip, it's possible your CDN has some anti-hotlinking rules. Could you perhaps check that with them? We can dig in on our end but I'd like to rule that out first. Thanks!
    @jrwhip, we've just fixed a different imgix issue (going live today). If you're still having this issue, let us know. Another user pointed out a problem with the way we're handling URL encoded values, so maybe it was related to that.
  • jrwhipjrwhip Member
    I am actually still having the issue.
    edited July 2015
    @jrwhip,

We did some further digging into this, and have discovered that there seems to be some connection between this issue and the CNAME you have set up for your images URL. If I tried caching the image you linked to with the direct URL to imgix the cache does work fine then. If you're able to use that direct URL for now, that should get things working for you. Sorry for not picking this up sooner!
  • FeenixFeenix Member
    Hey guys,

images in my cart and checkout and email receipt have stopped showing up as well. It was fine when I last checked a few weeks ago.
    @Feenix,

I'm sorry to hear that - could you let us know what your store is please?
    @Feenix,

Thanks for whispering that. We've just discovered the issue that is causing the images to stop working - relating to relative paths for the images. We'll get a fix for that as quickly as we can, but as an interim fix if you're able to provide the full URL for images in your add to carts, that will get it working straight away. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • FeenixFeenix Member
    Thanks Adam for the quick response. I will try the full url.
  • FeenixFeenix Member
    The full path solution works! -Thanks!
    @jrwhip, I've just reached out to a contact at imgix to see if they can shine any light on this. Fwiw, Slack seems to have trouble on the CNAME path, but will preview the non-CNAME without problems, so it doesn't look like it's just our caching script.
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip

We've deployed a fix, and it should be working now. Let us know if you encounter additional issues regarding this.
  • It's working great. Thanks for reaching out to imgix. They got in touch and helped with the fix. Thanks again.