USPS selected, but UPS rate charged

We had a strange shipping charge issue today. The customer placed an order with USPS first class mail selected at $3.22. But the order processed using the UPS rate of $10.36. The transaction Data shows USPS for the shipping option. I can whisper the transaction number. No idea how it could happen and I can't seem to duplicate at least at any point short of processing an order completely.

Thanks
Tagged:
Comments
  • SamiSami FoxyCart Team
    Hi @JBurns,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please whisper your store name and order id (and/or link to that receipt) so that we could take a look ?

Best,

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JBurns,

I can definitely see what you're saying - the customer's shipping selected rate was first-class mail parcel - but the rate amount after testing their address is UPS Ground, another rate available to them.

I have tried to replicate it but have been unable to do so. Have you seen any other instances of this occurring for your store?
  • JBurnsJBurns Member
    Adam,
    Nope, this is the only time. The customer said he saw the $3.22 rate for USPS but then noticed the $10.36 on the receipt. So it seems that it happened somewhere in the process of actually processing the order. I could not repeat the issue either, at least not short of completing the sale.
    James
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JBurns,

Very interesting and weird! Definitely let us know if you experience this happening again, and we'll look into this from our side.